Ready to add some new flavor into your lunch or dinner time? With preparation time under 15 minutes? Well Kim Kardashian too.
Her chef Marina Cunningham has shared her delicious recipe with Poosh, for plant based eggplant Parmesan. Ready to whip it in the kitchen? Swipe up for more.
1 large eggplant
1/2 cup chickpea flour (or other GF flour)
1/2 cup Just Egg
1/2 cup gluten-free panko
1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2-3 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds. Using a circle cutter, cut out the center of your slices to remove the skin. Alternatively, if you don’t want to cut them out into circles, just peel the eggplant before you slice it.
2. In one bowl, add the chickpea flour. In a second bowl, add the Just Egg. In a third bowl, add the panko, parmesan, and all seasonings and mix well.
3. Take an eggplant round and dredge it in the chickpea flour, covering completely. Tap off the excess and place in the egg replacement, turning to coat. Finally, place the eggplant in the panko/parmesan mixture, pressing on the eggplant so it sticks. Place on a wire rack and continue with the remaining eggplant rounds.
4. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add your rounds and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a wire rack.
5. Top with more vegan parm and mozzarella, and broil for a minute or two until the cheese has melted. Serve with vegan marinara sauce and top with fresh basil if desired.
Notes: *Can substitute zucchini for the eggplant *Can cut the eggplant into sticks to make eggplant fries.